Thursday 5 September 2013

Gift Wrapping

Bored of plain old style of wrapping presents? Why not try out some paper art to make wrapping gifts more interesting?

Well, this is my first time trying out something different. I was merely browsing the net for some ideas to wrap a gift and I came across this~!

~DIY pinwheels ~

I thought it wouldn't look bad on a gift, so I decided to try it out.
It's actually quite simple and fun to make one. All you need is glue, a decorative pattern (for the middle part) and a long piece of paper. The length is really up to you, depending on the number of creases you want in the pinwheel. The size of the pinwheel will depend on the width of your paper. (2 x Width)

Here is the link for the tutorial :
http://www.dreamgreendiy.com/2013/06/05/a-diy-paper-pinwheel-tutorial/

Below is my own pinwheel. For the middle part, I cut out a pattern from the doily paper and attached it to a cardboard before gluing them onto the pinwheel.


For the gift tag, I decided to use wax seal stamping to make it look a little more authentic. Not sure whether the look worked out though as this is my second time using the wax seal (I'm just a beginner). I've got this set of wax seal stamps. 


Pretty cool huh? For those of you who do not know what a wax seal stamp is, it was used during the plain ol' days to seal letters. Usually the wax seal stamp will contain an initial of the sender. If the wax seal has been damaged before reaching the recipient, then the recipient would know that the letter has been tampered with or something like that. :)

In this age, however, there are two types of wax seals; flexible and traditional wax seal stamps. The traditional wax seals is more easily damaged compared to the flexible wax seals. The seal I am using is the traditional wax seal which I bought online. It came with 3 different wax colours ; the traditional red, silver and gold. 

Below is my first attempt with the wax seal. (Using the traditional red wax)


For the gift tag, I used a gold colored wax. 


To create a wax seal stamp, refer to the picture below. 

A video tutorial 



Tips: Keep your wax seals oiled in order for it to be removed from the wax easily when it is dried. 

And here comes the full look. Ta-da! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

You might also like :