Thursday 14 November 2013

Lace ❤ Envelope Design



~Doily paper art~
I never knew that by using doily paper alone, you could create so many creative designs! For those of you all who have not come across doily paper art, have a look at what you can do with them~!







I was inspired by the above doily paper art and tried to recreate the look. I basically placed the doily paper, layer by layer over one another on the surface of a card and glued them together. 

Method: Just arrange them until you are satisfied and glue them together. Trim of the edges that are left hanging at the sides and there you have it~! For the top section, I used a paper quilted heart at the center. The border is decorated with rolled up strings . 


Aren't doily paper art just lovely? You get the girlish, lacy look by using them. Well, these are just some of the doily paper arts. There are plenty more and of course, it's always up to your creativity~! 

~My Design~
Now, let's get down to my design. I have decided to create this envelope/card design. If the present is small, you can also include it within this envelope. Well, this is what I did for the surprise gift card :P

Here is the front view of the envelope. 


For the front look, I cut out a heart shaped from a ❤-patterned wrapping paper. To make the emphasize the cut-out, I drew dashes around the heart border. Then, I glued the heart onto a piece of doily paper. Just stick this design onto the middle of your envelope and there you go. Done~! Simple isn't it? :)

This design is suitable for Valentine gifts as well. Since it is a heart design after all ❤. 

The rear view. I think that this could have looked better if I had a little more time at hand :(
I simply punched two holes at each side to lace the ribbon around and tied a bow.


Last but not least, be creative~! Hope you guys enjoyed this simple design! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

You might also like :