Friday 14 March 2014

Sydney, City of Lights

One of my recent travels was to Sydney, Australia. Indeed the name City of Lights befits the City of Sydney as it transforms into a spectacular canvas of lights as the night falls. This city has a captivating feel to it. There are many wonderful tourist spots and the weather is simply lovely. Of course, I visited the top recommended tourist spots in Sydney. You cannot miss the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House while you are there!

Sydney Harbour Bridge

Sydney Opera House

Panaromic View of the Sydney Opera House 

The beaches are also beautiful. During my stay, I visited Manly Beach and Bondi Beach. I found a special sight along my stroll at Manly Beach. There were bunches of pacifiers with locks tied to the railings. This reminded me of the couple locks on Namsan Tower, Korea. 

Pacifiers tied along the Manly Beach

The Fish Market has a variety of fresh seafood to choose from. You can opt to have them fresh, sashimi-style or cooked. They even have restaurants on site for you to dine-in. This was a really yummy platter of lobster!


A platter of fresh sashimi



A hungry Pelican waiting for food at the market.

You can even get customized Magnum Ice-Cream! I think they have it at most of the Westfield outlets. I was trying to look out for one in London but it was closed :(. Anyway, look out for Westfield Sydney and ask around!

Design your very own Magnum Ice Cream!

Customized Magnum Ice-Cream

We also took a combo pass which allows us to visit the WildLife Centre, Sydney Sealife Aquarium and Madame Tussauds.

Don't you dare to try anything funny....I've got my eyes on you...




I'm cute, aren't I? 

This is one huge alligator!

Hmm, fishing is so boring....

Sea Horse at Sydney Sealife Aquarium.


This sure is one epic face! ROFL!

Will Smith's wax model at Madame Tussauds.

Familiar dude?? Let me give you a hint. His pose says it all.

I'm sure you'll know this one!

I also had a chance to stay at Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Sydney. It's about 90 minutes away from the City of Sydney. If you have the time while you are there, I highly recommend you to visit this place or even stay there for a night or two. It's a small quaint town with a serene feel but with gorgeous and breathtaking scenic view. If you love hiking or bush-walking, this is definitely the place you have to come and visit. There are many trails to choose from, each with its unique viewpoint. The famous Three Sisters Echo Point is situated here. There's also a Scenic World whereby you can take different rides to explore the place.

Sunset View at Katoomba,Blue Mountains
That's all from my travels in Sydney. Stay tune for more of my travel blogging~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

You might also like :